Sherie Rene Scott & More to Join Jason Alexander in The Portuguese Kid

first_imgSherie Rene Scott(Photo: Emilio Madrid-Kuser) Tony nominees Sherie Rene Scott and Mary Testa, along with Pico Alexander, will appear in John Patrick Shanley’s new play The Portuguese Kid, set to play Manhattan Theatre Club’s off-Broadway venue, New York City Center—Stage I. They join the previously announced Tony winner Jason Alexander in the work that will begin September 19 ahead of an October 24 opening night.Set in Providence, Rhode Island, The Portuguese Kid focuses on the habitually widowed Atalanta (Scott), who pays a visit to her second-rate lawyer Barry Dragonetti (Alexander). Intending to settle her late husband’s affairs, the larger-than-life Greek tightwad quickly becomes a nightmare for her cheesy, self-aggrandizing attorney. Add Barry’s impossible Croatian mother (Testa), a dash of current politics and a couple of opportunistic young lovers, and you have in hand a recipe for comic combustion.Scott is a two-time Tony nominee whose credits include The Front Page, Everyday Rapture, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. Testa, also a two-time Tony nominee, is currently appearing off-Broadway in The Government Inspector. Her other credits include Xanadu, 42nd Street, Guys and Dolls and On the Town. Pico Alexander has appeared off-Broadway in Punk/Rock and What I Did Last Summer.Additional casting and creative team for The Portuguese Kid will be announced at a later date. The Portuguese Kid was a part of the Vassar and New York Stage and Film’s Powerhouse season in 2016. Related Shows The Portuguese Kidcenter_img View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on Dec. 10, 2017last_img read more

Netball PNG leap to future

first_imgNetball Netball PNG will launch their five-year strategic plan and announce its Pacific Games team with a gala dinner at the Gateway Hotel on June 29. Motivational speaker and American basketball player, Eric Bailey will join the event as the keynote speaker, delivering an inspirational message on fulfilling your dreams. Bailey has spoken to more than three million people worldwide, drawing on his difficult start growing up in the crime riddle streets of downtown Los Angeles. He’s gone on to be one of the world’s top motivational speakers, leaving audiences driven to change their lives in a positive manner. “Most people who fail in life don’t fail because they aim too high and miss…most people who fail aim too low and they hit,” Bailey said. “I can’t wait to get to hear about Netball PNG’s plans for connecting the country through sport, and hope my message will incite a positive change for Papua New Guineans.” Netball PNG president Julienne Leka-Maliaki is thankful for the support of ExxonMobil for its support in securing a high profile speaker such as Eric. “We are optimistic that by engaging Eric will attract potential corporates and supporters to join us at this event,” she said. “We’re excited to welcome Eric to Port Moresby and know his inspirational words will deliver the exact sort of message Netball PNG hopes to achieve for the sport in the coming years.” Netball PNG is taking the initiative to raise funds through this gala dinner to support the implementation of this five-year strategic plan. We have an exciting program lined up for this event including a few announcements of pipeline projects such as a semi-professional netball league and strategic Partnerships. Join Netball PNG as they launch their five-year strategic plan for the growth, advancement and sustainability of Netball in PNG. Tables are selling for K7500 per table and all proceeds will go towards the operations of Netball in PNG.last_img read more

Lewis Hamilton warned he faces PRISON along with other British F1 drivers if they breach Hungarian Grand Prix quarantine

first_img 8 MOST DANGEROUS RAINS of All Time | TOP 10 INTERESTING 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! LEWIS HAMILTON and his fellow British F1 drivers have been told they could face PRISON if they break strict isolation rules this week in Hungary.The draconian punishment has been slapped on all Brits working in Formula One by Hungarian ministers – however not to fellow Europeans.Lewis Hamilton has been warned he risks being sent to PRISON if he breaks strict isolation rules in HungaryCredit: Splash NewsDespite the announcement of “air bridges” between the UK and Hungary, all British nationals involved with the race are only allowed to travel to and from their hotels and the Hungaroring.It means that Hamilton, Lando Norris or George Russell – plus around 1,700 others making the journey in teams and media – could face a spell in jail, or up to a €15,000 (£13,400) fine, if they breach protocol.F1 teams have been told they MUST eat at the track or their hotels, with stopping for petrol or to buy a bottle of water, potentially landing them in hot water.Hamilton, who will sleep at the track in a motorhome to avoid any unnecessary risks, said: “I was only made aware of it before qualifying.“It doesn’t affect me because I stay at the track, but there will be protocols in place for the team.“They have been fantastic in terms of how they have managed their bubble during this time.“I don’t know how their set-up will be and it is unfortunate that unlike us, they cannot stay at the track.“It is a challenge but these are challenging times and why we are taking it very seriously.” F1’s governing body, the FIA, had hoped to get an exemption for all of those who have been part of the bubble given the strict testing protocols for Covid-19.The draconian punishment has been slapped on all Brits working in Formula One by Hungarian ministersCredit: AlamyMany personnel are now trying to change travel plans to allow them to stay in Austria before going in to strict lockdown.Mclaren ace Norris added: “We have to be at track or hotel but I am happy with room service everyday.“I can watch Netflix and play Call of Duty but there will be limitations. I cannot go out for a cycle or a run.”Seven of F1’s teams are based in Britain and are now hoping that the sport is able to reverse the decision, which is understood to come as a result of the UK’s increasing coronavirus risk.And they are pressing for the grey areas to be cleared up with regard as to what is permitted, including walking from their hotels to their hire cars.It is a blow to F1 after ZERO positive Covid tests in the past two weeks as they finally get the sport up and running.Hamilton was in superb form at the Styrian Grand Prix last week, dispelling any lingering disappointment from missing out on the podium in the first race of the season.The Brit star dominated from pole to take the chequered flag, holding off team-mate Valtteri Bottas in second and Max Verstappen back in third.Lewis Hamilton and other F1 drivers ‘take a knee’ in support of BLM at Austrian opener Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night. People Slammed By Massive Waves 4 What’s This “Trick” Called? Comment Down Below!!center_img Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 Real or Fake? Shark Attacks Helicopter Source: Motorsport – thesun.co.uklast_img read more