If you’re looking for a road bike with custom options that will stand out from the crowd and you like the sound of made in Italy, Scapin’s redesigned Ivor is definitely worth a look. As reported previously, the new verison of the Ivor eliminates the integrated seat mast in favor of an adjustable aero seat post to make traveling with and adjusting your saddle height much easier. Offered in 11 stock sizes, the Ivor also has a full custom made to measure geometry available along with a choice of color and personalization at no charge.Check out the details plus the all new Scapin Anouk, next… Scapin’s new Anouk could be viewed as a more affordable version of the Ivor built with stiffness and comfort in mind with more trail and a longer front-center. At $2199 for the frame and fork the Anouk is certainly much cheaper than the Ivor but lacks the custom options. The frame features a PF86 bottom bracket, tapered head tube, 27.2 seatpost. Complete bikes with the build kit shown only with Mavic Ksyrium wheels will retail for $3,495.scapin.comstage-race.com Using Scapin’s TT Matrix frame design, the frame uses monocoque pieces which are then joined in a tube to tube construction method. Combined with their Comfort Flex Seat stay system Ivors should be a fast, comfortable ride. Framesets retail for $4,999 through Stage Race Distribution. A number of aero seatpost designs suffer with slipping posts. Either you tighten them to the point that they don’t slip and risk damaging the carbon, or hit a bump and have your saddle drop an inch. Scapin solves the issue with a dual clamp seat post collar that tightens both around the frame and around the post. The top of the post still has the signature Scapin flair, but instead of acting as a seat mast cap, it’s built into the post.
May 18, 2010Los Angeles mumps cases have East Coast linkLos Angeles County is reporting nine mumps cases, four of which may be related to an ongoing outbreak affecting Hasidic Jewish populations on the East Coast, the Los Angeles Times reported on May 16. A Beverly Hills pediatrician told the Times that he treated two of the patients and that the cases may be linked to travel to the East Coast about 6 weeks ago for Passover celebrations. The county health department said at least nine mumps cases have been reported so far, six of which have been confirmed, according to a May 11 press release. Dr Jonathan Fielding, public health director, said the county has typically averaged between five and seven cases over the past 3 years. He said the local cases had links to congregate settings such as schools, colleges, and community centers. Fielding urged area residents to be alert for any signs of the disease and to protect themselves by getting the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine.May 16 Los Angeles Times storyMay 11 LA County Public Health press releaseUtah links pair of illness clusters to raw milkPublic health officials in Utah are investigating two distinct clusters of illnesses linked to drinking raw milk, one involving Campylobacter and the other Salmonella, according to a May 16 press release. Nine patients from three counties in the northern part of the state are in the Campylobacter cluster and six patients from three central counties near Salt Lake City are reportedly in the Salmonella cluster so far. All of the patients said they had drunk raw milk from state-licensed local vendors. Testing of raw milk from the dairy that reportedly produced the Salmonella-tainted milk tested positive for the pathogen in samples produced from Apr 5 to Apr 22 but not in samples from Apr 22 through Apr 30. Coliform testing at the northern Utah dairy associated with the Campylobacter cases showed high counts, which may be linked to disease pathogens in the milk. State health officials warned residents that purchasing raw milk even from licensed sellers doesn’t guarantee that the product is safe. They said further that infants, young children, pregnant women, and other high-risk groups should avoid consuming raw milk and its products.USDA offers guidance on reducing E coli shedding in cattleThe US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) recently released guidance to help beef producers reduce Eschericia coli O157:H7 shedding in cattle. The 28-page document is designed to be a resource to producers and discusses the most current scientific findings behind a range of interventions, from feeding strategies to transportation practices. It said that no preharvest intervention has been shown to eliminate E coli shedding but that at least two preharvest interventions, certain probiotics, and vaccines might reduce shedding. Over the next 60 days FSIS is soliciting comments on the new guidance.USDA guidance on preharvest measures to reduce E coli O157:H7 shedding in cattleAvian flu outbreak reported in West BankAn outbreak of avian influenza in a West Bank community northeast of Tel Aviv has prompted the culling of 250,000 chickens, the United Nations Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) reported today. The report did not specify the flu subtype but clearly implied it was H5N1. The outbreak occurred in Bala village in the Tel Karem area, a major area for egg and poultry production, the story said. Products from the area are often smuggled into Israel because of higher prices there, and the outbreak has prompted Israeli authorities to tighten supervision at border crossings, the report said. Israel’s agriculture minister, Shalom Simchon, said Israel assisted the Palestinian Authority by providing drugs needed for the poultry culling, and he called on international organizations to compensate Palestinian farmers for their losses. Earlier this month, Israeli officials reported finding H5N1 in two emus in a small zoo near the Dead Sea.May 18 IRIN reportWHA endorses continued negotiations on virus sharingIn committee action at the World Health Assembly (WHA) yesterday, World Health Organization (WHO) member states called for continuing efforts to strengthen the sharing of influenza viruses and flu vaccines in the interest of pandemic flu preparedness, the WHO reported. The meeting saw the passage of a draft resolution urging the WHO director-general to continue to support the efforts of the Open-Ended Working Group on these issues. Members described the May 10-12 meeting of the intergovernmental group on this topic as “transparent, substantive, collaborative and an important foundation for future negotiation in this area,” the WHO said in a statement. The draft resolution calls on the WHO executive board to report on the negotiations again at next year’s WHA meeting. Efforts to improve virus sharing began after Indonesia stopped sending H5N1 avian influenza virus samples to the WHO about 3 years ago, saying developing countries couldn’t afford to buy vaccines derived from the virus samples they supplied.WHO report on May 17 session of WHA meeting
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Keppel FELS Limited, a subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd (Keppel O&M), has secured a contract from Crystal Heights Holdings Limited, a company specialised in the offshore oil and gas market, to build a high specification liftboat worth $85 million.The liftboat is designed by Keppel O&M’s liftboat design specialist, Bennett Offshore in collaboration with Keppel FELS. Scheduled for delivery in 4Q 2017, the liftboat will have provisions enabling it to operate in China, the Middle East and the Gulf of Mexico.Liftboats are vessels used to support offshore platforms in construction, accommodation and well intervention as well as maintenance and installation.Wong Kok Seng, Managing Director of Keppel O&M (Offshore) and Keppel FELS, said, “This latest contract from Crystal Heights is the second liftboat based on Keppel’s innovative proprietary solution that Keppel has been contracted to build within a year.“We have leveraged our jackup rig technologies and expertise to develop our own series of liftboat designs that is able to value add to the industry. For instance, it will have a higher freeboard for safer operations and retractable spud cans flushed to the bottom of the rig’s hull which reduces drag when transiting between locations.“Even as the market for drilling rigs remains depressed, Keppel has the versatility and capabilities to design and build other products that are in demand, such as mobile units for plug and abandonment, accommodation and maintenance.”Kenny Cai, Director of Crystal Heights, added, “Despite the current low oil price environment, there are a large number of offshore platforms in the world that require more efficient and cost-effective solutions such as the use of a dedicated liftboat for their maintenance, upgrading as well as removal. Besides being utilised in the Gulf of Mexico and West Africa, they are also increasingly being employed by key operators in China, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.“Building our first liftboat with a reputable shipyard will enable us to establish an early foothold in the market, especially in the Asian region which currently has the least number of liftboats available per platform. Having worked with Keppel on previous projects before, I am confident that we can look forward to receiving a best-in-class liftboat from them promptly and safely.”
The Company has signed agreements with certain existing shareholders, and, subject to certain conditions, with new investor Sankaty Advisors LLC and expects to sign such agreements with HAL Investments B.V. (“HAL”) and Project Holland Deelnemingen B.V./Project Holland Fonds (“Project Holland Fonds”) later today. These investors commit to provide Dockwise with fresh capital to support it in the next phase of its development. In addition, the three new investors have acquired all of the shares in the Company held by 3i Delphi Cöoperatief B.A. (“3i”). Dockwise, whose shares are already listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange, also plans to seek a share listing in Amsterdam to increase liquidity in the Company’s shares.Most of the fresh equity will come from direct placement to HAL Investments and Project Holland Deelneemingen.Existing shareholders who have not participated in the directed placement will have rights to participate in the equity exercise through a subsequent offering.André Goedeé, Chief Executive Officer, Dockwise Ltd, said: “In the two years since listing on the Oslo Stock Exchange, we have seen the business grow in annual revenues from USD 290 million to USD 457 million in 2008. The initiative announced today will provide Dockwise with a sustainable capital structure and a solid foundation for the Company’s future development.
Net sales in the cranes business stood at USD543.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2015, compared with USD663.2 million in the same period of 2014.Crane operating earnings for the fourth quarter of 2015 totalled USD24.1 million, down from USD45.3 million in the same period last year.For the full year, revenue in Manitowoc’s cranes segment declined 19.1 percent to USD1.9 billion, and operating earnings declined to USD64.3 million, compared with USD163.9 million recorded in 2014.Manitowoc attributed the decline to continuing weakness in rough-terrain cranes and boom trucks due to declining oil prices and its impact across energy-related end markets.However, said the manufacturer, this decline was partially offset by strength in crawler cranes driven by accelerating shipments of the company’s VPC technology.”Our cranes business performed as expected during the fourth quarter,” said Manitowoc chairman and interim ceo, Kenneth W. Krueger. “While orders improved sequentially from the third quarter, sales continue to be impacted by tepid customer demand. However, the benefits of cost control actions are beginning to take hold to improve overall profitability.”Barry L. Pennypacker, president and ceo of Manitowoc Cranes, added: “During the quarter, we saw pockets of better demand within our all-terrain category fueled by our new five-axle GMK5250L. However, the overall business remains challenged by an uncertain macro-economic environment.”In light of these circumstances, Manitowoc Cranes expects revenue for the full-year 2016 to remain flat.”The full-year 2016 net sales outlook for Manitowoc Cranes assumes no improvement in the global economic backdrop, but modest stabilisation in demand,” added Pennypacker. www.manitowoccranes.com
A Texas man has filed a petition at a small claims court seeking $17.31 in damages after his date texted while they were at the movies in Austin.Brandon Vezmar while talking to Austin American-Statesman claims he spent that much money to take his unidentified date to a 3-D showing of “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2” on May 6.“After the movie started, defendant activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages, in direct violation of the theater’s policy, ” his petition states.He accuses his date of “adversely affecting the viewing experience” of moviegoers.“While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant’s behavior is a threat to civilized society,” his petition says.According to Vezmar, he met the woman online and that the movie was their first date.“It was kind of a first date from hell,” he said, adding that texting at the movies is, “like, one of my biggest pet peeves.”The woman in her defence while asking the paper not to use her name said she was texting a friend who needed her.
Sumber: tribunnews.com PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) akan mulai mengoperasikan seluruh relasi perjalanan kereta api jarak jauh pada 10 Juli 2020 besok. Kereta yang akan beroperasi termasuk KA Argo Parahyangan dengan relasi Gambir – Bandung, KA Bima relasi Gambir – Malang dan Sembrani dari Gambir menuju ke Surabaya Pasar Turi.Baca juga: Suhu Tubuh Tinggi Saat Dicek Masuk Stasiun? PT KAI Siap Kembalikan Tiket AndaDidiek Hartantyo, Direktur Utama PT KAI mengatakan, pihaknya telah menyurati Gubernur DKI Jakarta Anies Baswedan untuk menghapus Surat Izin Keluar Masuk (SIKM) yang menjadi salah satu syarat memasuki ibukota. Didiek mengatakan, surat tersebut dikirim ke Gubernur DKI Jakarta karena mereka diinstruksikan oleh Menteri Perhubungan untuk mengoperasikan kembali KA Parahyangan. “Kalau itu (KA Parahyangan) kami operasikan dengan SIKM bagaimana keadaannya? Akan sulit bagi kami. Di Stasiun banyak turun, tapi bagaimana kalau SIKM tidak diindahkan?” kata Didiek yang dikutip dari berbagai laman sumber.Apalagi lokasi stasiun berada di Jakarta dan mengharuskan penumpang yang menuju ke stasiun tersebut memiliki SIKM. Didiek mengatakan, mereka sebagai operator tetap berada di tengah-tengah peraturan.“Namun demikian terkait SIKM ini yang mengeluarkan peraturan Gubernur. Jadi kita beroperasi di Jakarta terkena peraturan Gubernur dan kami sangat ketat menetapkan aturan itu karena terkait dengan protokol penanganan Covid juga,” ujar Didiek.Dia menjelaskan, adanya SIKM ini mengharuskan pihak KAI menyeleksi penumpang dan bila tidak memilikinya maka terpaksa penumpang ditolak berangkat atau harus isolasi mandiri selama 14 hari. Didiek menjelaskan, bila pun di stasiun keberangkatan tidak diperiksa dan lolos, tetapi ketika tiba di Jakarta (Gambir) penumpang akan diperiksa dan kemungkinan isolasi mandiri 14 hari harus dilakukan penumpang.Saat ini Didiek berharap diberi keleluasaan bagi calon penumpang khususnya KA Argo Parahyangan untuk dibebaskan dari Syarat SIKM. Dia mengatakan, surat yang dikirimkan, mereka tembuskan kepada Menhub, BUMN dan Kepala Satuan Gugus Tugas Covid-19 Doni Monardo untuk keleluasaan Jakarta – Bandung.Baca juga: Beroperasi dengan Kapasitas Angkut 70 Persen, PT KAI Naikkan Tarif 30-40 PersenUntuk diketahui, SIKM sebagai salah satu syarat bepergian keluar-masuk DKI Jakarta dengan moda transportasi umum dinilai mampu mengontrol mobilitas warga daerah penyangga ke ibukota. Meski dalam pembuatannya masih banyak kekurangan. tetapi proses atau birokrasi yang cukup panjang untuk mendapat SIKM ini cukup menghambat masyarakat dari luar daerah menuju ke dalam ibukota.KabarPenumpang.com yang coba menghubungi pihak KAI terkait pencabutan SIKM karena beroperasinya sejumlah relasi kereta selain Bandung – Jakarta masih belum ada konfirmasi yang lebuh jelas.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Like this:Like Loading… RelatedLarangan Mudik Berlaku, PT KAI Hentikan Operasional KA Jarak Jauh dan Lokal23/04/2020In “Darat”Sambut HUT RI Ke-75, Inilah Parade Promo Diskon dan Tiket Gratis dari PT KAI12/08/2020In “Destinasi”Meriahkan HUT RI Ke-74, KA Parahyangan Tampil dengan Livery Khusus “Merah Putih”16/08/2019In “Featured”
After the House stripped the reform from the operating budget, House Democrats introduced an expansion bill and Republican Senator Pete Kelly introduced a reform bill. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享During a press conference Governor Bill Walker spoke to why he is continuing the process of expanding Medicaid by introducing it as a bill to legislature. Previously Alaska Representatives requested it be removed from the operating budget and introduced as a stand alone bill which the governor initially opposed. Gov. Walker: “It was healthy for the general fund, we paid lots of dollars out of the general fund for healthcare that we won’t have too once it is In place to receive to replace general fund dollars and it is a catalyst for reform. We heard a lot about reform and reform has been ongoing we have continued that on, reform is a part of this legislation but reform isn’t something you start on one day and you stop on another day, it’s an ongoing process, this will be the catalyst for that.” Today Walker spoke about moving forward with his legislation that included both. Gov. Walker: ”We’re going to present this bill which he have, we will present it in committee as well and we expect that we’ll be able to convince and continue to meet with legislators on a one on one basis or however they want to be convinced that this is the best thing for Alaska, so its kind of an old fashion kind of way of doing it but we can do it one vote at a time.”
FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Peninsula Food Bank hosted their first ever Clash of the Culinary Kings Fundraiser last weekend. While only a three judge panel was able to test the entrees put together by local chefs Dan Haag of the Flats Bistro, Steve England of Kenai Catering, and Paul Warner of aksupperclub.com, the attendees voted on the hors d’oeuvres. Linda Swarner with the Food Bank said around 120 people attended and were able to participate in the new kind of entertainment. Swarner: “People were having fun watching the chefs prepare their projects and then individuals got to sample hors d’oeuvres.” Swarner: “Attendees voted with lima beans for the People’s Choice Award.” The Porterhouse Grill won that award and Dan Haag won the competition. Swarner said she does not yet have the final tally on how much was raised by the fundraiser but the food bank is definitely looking to do this kind of fundraiser again.